At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because an opportunity no matter how small can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential
This is a laboratory-based position supporting development, qualification and trouble-shooting of methods for novel bio-therapeutics. You will play an important role in early drug development programmes by supporting the analytical development of novel proteins (from peptides to antibodies). Leading the development of new chromatographic methods to support analytical assessment and control of protein quality attributes is a significant part of the role. You will have the opportunity to perform analytical testing (using a variety of techniques) to assess the quality of AstraZeneca’s biological products and support lot release, formulation and process development.
- Performing analytical testing using physicochemical and characterisation methods to develop product and process understanding
- Keep accurate and clear records of all work performed using approved forms and Laboratory notebooks in a timely manner. Perform full data processing, tabulation and interpretation of results from assay work
- Analysis, interpretation and presentation of data to cross functional teams
- Preparation of SOPs and technical reports
- Instrument understanding, calibration, maintenance and trouble shooting
- Implementing and promoting AstraZeneca's health and safety practices at all time, including the regulations governing COSHH, as detailed in relevant risk assessments
- Hands on experience with chromatographic method development, method trouble shooting and qualification
- Experience in analysing proteins using a number of chromatographic techniques, such as RP, IEC, SEC, HILIC
- Confident developing molecule specific analytical methodologies and evaluating new technologies.
- High quality reporting/presentation of analytical data
- Working effectively in a fast-paced, goal-oriented and cross-disciplinary/cross functional environment
- Familiar with physicochemical methods such as N-linked glycan analysis, electrophoresis (CGE and c-IEF) to analyse therapeutic proteins
- Familiar with LC-MS analysis to assess mass integrity and post-translational modification in biologics.
- Familiarity with liquid handling robots for automated sample preparation (i.e. Tecan)
- Familiarity with coding languages e.g. Python
- BSc (10+ years), MSc (8+ years) or PhD (0+ years) in biochemistry, chemistry or biotechnology
Degree in Biochemistry/Analytical Chemistry/Biochemical Engineering or similar
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.