Senior Real World Evidence Scientist
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. We are building on our strong pipeline and turning ideas into life-changing medicines that benefit patients around the globe.
We are looking for MSc/PhD level bioinformaticians, health informaticians, biomedical data scientists, clinicians/pharmacologists, epidemiologists, bio-statisticians or related disciplines with a strong desire to learn and expand their skillset into the analysis of Real World Evidence (RWE).
The AstraZeneca Oncology R&D RWE group provide expert analysis and interpretation of the complex biomedical data captured in electronic health records, claims data, registries, wearables and epidemiological observations.
This important work, which provides a rich window on the complicated realities of patients and diseases, is used to support the drug development process in a variety of ways, including:
- Estimating the number of eligible patients for clinical trials from databases and literature
- Analyzing longitudinal health data to characterize patient journeys and outcomes
- Sifting claims and prescription data for use patterns and to support label expansion
- Building predictive models of patient outcomes
- Identifying patient subtypes (e.g. via biomarkers) for possible therapy development
- Building synthetic control arms to support the interpretation of clinical studies
- Development of algorithms for better diagnosis and identification of patients
- Searching for evidence of adverse effects in medical histories
- Using federated networks of electronic health records for patient identification and recruitment
- Using real world evidence to support pragmatic and hybrid trial designs
- Partnering with external organizations to generate bespoke real world datasets
Experience in any of the following areas would be desirable:
- Health analytics and data mining of routinely collected healthcare data
- Use of statistical and scripting languages such as R, Python and SQL
- Clinical trials and recruitment, especially the application of synthetic control arms
- The application of genomics in clinical care or translational medicine
- Health economics or epidemiology, and quantitative science such as health outcome modelling
- Data science, machine learning and construction of predictive models
- Clinical data standards, medical terminologies and healthcare ontologies
- Work in a patient care or similar setting, that would allow the candidate to bring medical perspective into real-world evidence generation
- Experience design and implementing pragmatic clinical trials
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete your application on our website at your earliest convenience.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.