Business Analyst - Commercial Excellence
Business Analyst - Commercial Excellence
We are looking for a Business Analyst based in Wilmington, DE to join our highly productive Commercial Excellence IT function to focus on capabilities leveraged by our Field Sales teams. Our team will work together with the business and within IT to simplify, reinvent, and inspire with what technology can do. If you are at the forefront of your field, committed to collaborating as part of a high-performing team, and relish a challenge -- we want to hear from you!
The Business Analyst has experience performing business analysis and design either alone delivering small scale business change activities, or as a contributor to a large scale or global business change. The Business Analyst operates with interactive communication, demonstrating inclusion and cultural sensitivity.
The role will partner with Business Relationship Manager and Business Analyst colleagues to support the development of business cases, assist in business process design and ensure that proposed solutions meet established AstraZeneca quality and compliance standards and business solution needs.
- Business Needs Identification - Operates at a functional level in assessing and defining business need and areas for improvement. Proactively seeks out opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals, proposing potential solutions through research.
- Business Analysis Planning - Selects the appropriate analysis approach to a piece of work depending on its complexity, level of risk, known assumptions, constraints and dependencies. Proficient in scoping and recommending appropriate approaches. Capable of planning and managing their own activities to meet deliverables and deadlines.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition - Responsible for requirements management plans including elicitation, approvals, processes, RAID and scope impacts. Skilled in traceability, testing and validation. Supports the work with the business to identify functional and technical requirements, translating the requirements into design specifications reflecting Functional Design, User Interface Design and Business Process Design. Closely partnering with the Architecture team, ensuring the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits.
- Solution Evaluation - Analyzes and supports assessment of solution proposals and is able to articulate supporting reasoning; i.e. assessing business readiness, maximizing value vs. spend.
- Business Case and Benefits Management – Supports the business case definition, capturing business justification for investment including ROI and benefits realization.
- Stakeholder Management - Effectively collaborates with stakeholders and builds and maintains relationships according to individual stakeholder needs and levels of influence. Contributes to communication plans and change management for project and stakeholders.
Work collaboratively with:
- Business Relationship Managers and Business Analysts to develop and maintain the business relationship, support business process change and act as point of contact for application development
- Business customers to identify business requirements and effectively communicate impact, cost and benefits of new and changed demands, support or facilitate User Acceptance Testing.
- Process owners to identify and devise solutions that optimize business process performance, capability and competitiveness.
- IT Architecture, Delivery, and Support to ensure clear understanding of requirements and effective testing so that the solutions delivered to the business are efficient and effective, meeting the customer experience expectations.
- Test Lead to define the testing approach and the components of testing to ensure traceability of requirements and effectiveness of overall solution.
- Change Management/Communication Lead to ensure the Change Management and Communications plans and delivery support the Stakeholder Analysis.
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in a lieu of a degree is required
Qualifications, and Experience:
- Experience using business analysis tools/techniques to design and deliver business change
- Strong engagement, communication and facilitation skills, including presentation and influencing skills
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Experience working with third party suppliers/vendors
- Business acumen
- Challenge, negotiation, and influence
- Stakeholder Management
- Business Process Management
- Requirements Management
- Pharmaceutical business awareness, business domain knowledge
- Experience with capabilities leveraged by commercial units (CRM, MDM, etc.)
- Degree in relevant discipline or formal certification in business analysis practice
- Exposure to Agile Methodology
- Experience working in a global organization
- User Centered Design (User Experience, User Interface Design and Business Process Design)
At AstraZeneca, purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of an outstanding place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines. Apply today to part of something extraordinary.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a phenomenal fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.