Field Data Analytics and Performance Metrics
At AstraZeneca, our US Oncology Medical Affairs Group (USOMAG) is recognized as the strategic partner for Research & Development, and Commercial. This means we have a deep and broad understanding of both functions, which enables us to optimally translate scientific evidence into clinical practice for patients. We translate the wealth of medical and scientific expertise to ensure the data we produce helps physicians to better treat patients at every point in the journey.
The Field Data Analysis and Performance Metrics Analyst, will manage a pan-tumor strategy that is responsible for developing and delivering the relevant, timely, and effective analysis of the USOMAG and Field functions. The successful candidate can be remote throughout the contiguous US or be based in Gaithersburg, MD if a local candidate. You will lead a cross-functional, and matrixed effort accountable for the strategic direction and execution of a data, analytics, and insights strategy for USOMAG, you will lead strategies and initiatives on translating business needs into real-time and future-focused deliverables through identifying business requirements, data sources, acquisition of data channels, undertaking robust analysis and reporting or data and translating facts into business insights. You will work in a matrix environment with other medical network colleagues including Data, Analytics and Insights, Field Medical, Medical Franchises, and Global colleagues.
- In collaboration with Medical Affairs Leadership Team (MALT) and Regional Field managers, identify data analytics/analysis needs to inform business decisions – define of reporting and analytics, data science, digital, and operational business use cases
- Develop optimal metrics and KPI’ s/KQI’s for both HQ deliverables and MSL field teams aligned to the goals of USOMA
- Accountable as the solution architect is developing the digital solution and enabling framework to manage, monitor, report, and analyze key performance/medical data
- Research and recommend third party data assets that USOMA should consider leveraging
- Use knowledge and experience with data mining, aggregation, and visualization to extract and collate data sets to identify trends
- Build, own and lead strategic data planning for USOMA
- Lead on developing capabilities across the function in the understanding and application of data insights and analytics within Medical Affairs
- Leverage data visualization and storytelling to build and manage dashboards and data reports for leadership
- Partner with MALT and individual franchisees to understand data needs and business requirements
- Build and leverage relationships across the organization with US and Global data, insights, and analytics teams
- Develop and down data modeling, curating dashboards and reporting channels meeting the needs of field management, USOMAG
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, mathematics, statistics, or data/computer science
- Experience with primary and secondary data sources in the life sciences industry
- Solid understanding of data sources, data organization, and storage systems
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization software
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- A track record of building and maintaining deep relationships across functional areas
- Collaborative/matrix management skills with a focus on engaging diverse groups (e.g., cultural, geographical, functional) to achieve excellent results in shared goals
- Advanced degree in life sciences, mathematics, statistics or data/computer science
- Extensive knowledge of the data aggregation and visualization tools
- Experience in Medical Affairs function within the pharmaceutical industry
- At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering innovative methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility crafts life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 specialists in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most groundbreaking technology and lab spaces, all designed to encourage collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers various amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, a full-service cafeteria, and a copy center. This is where you’ll find newly-designed, activity-based workspaces to suit a variety of working styles while strengthening collaboration be
Where can I find out more? Our Social Media
Follow AstraZeneca on:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protect colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.