Field Reimbursement Manager - Oncology (San Diego, CA)
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Field Reimbursement Manager - Oncology(San Diego, CA territory) , you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The general purpose of the Field Reimbursement Manager (FRM) role is to minimize reimbursement barriers for patients and providers and, therefore, support access to AstraZeneca products in the Oncology therapeutic area. This purpose will be achieved by delivering high quality interactions with key physicians, accounts and institutional customers through specialized services. The FRM’s must have a strategic mindset and complex problem-solving skills, to be successful in their role.
FRMs will work directly with and across several different internal departments and cross-functional partners including Market Access, Access Services, Key Accounts, Trade & Channel as well as Sales & Marketing supporting accounts in resolving challenging reimbursement cases and issues for AZ’s oncology portfolio. FRM’ s are expected to develop and execute ethical and customer-oriented reimbursement strategies for multiple products across the AZ portfolio. They are expected to demonstrate market expertise in communicating payer criteria/terms and practices, as these relate to assigned AZ products.
As all other employees, FRMs are fully accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations, and policies that govern the conduct of Astra Zeneca activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred)
- Minimum of 10 plus years of total business experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Minimum of 6 plus years' of sales, managed care or reimbursement experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical/biotech industry is required
- Eight years or more of Biotech or Pharmaceutical Sales experience.
- Four years of experience in the Oncology therapeutic area
- Two years of Access Services, Reimbursement and/or Managed Markets experience
- Significant and documented experience with business planning and market analysis.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with buy & bill physician administered specialty products
Compliance, Knowledge, & Skills:
- Does not compromise ethics or integrity, or undertake legal risks while pursuing business goals
- Demonstrates ability to lead without authority across a large number of peers and multiple brands through consistent application & modeling of appropriate compliance, behavior & conduct.
- High level of Field Based Reimbursement and/or access services related experience
- Experience with physician administered injectable/ infusible in Oncology therapeutic area, specifically Medicare Part B.
- Demonstrates excellent reimbursement expertise and payer knowledge across multiple products and several states
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with legal and regulatory requirements related to the complex biologics and the buy and bill marketplace
- Experience with large territory strategy development, planning, & support for multiple products and internal partners across several states
- Spends majority of time visiting customer accounts in the field ( Minimum 50-75% overnight travel by either air, car or train)
- Works with manager, peers and internal partners in Marketing, Sales and various Managed Markets and Trade groups to review and contribute to relevant franchise and managed care business plans, tactics, goals and objectives
- With appropriate information, identify trends and emerging issues, align resources to address the issue, and communicate resolution to the customer/field in a timely fashion
- Maintain a high level of Managed Care and related Managed Markets benefit structures, reimbursement mechanisms, legal and regulatory influences, and health management programs.
- Maintain consistent ability to access and influence key business decision makers.
- Maintain a high level of industry awareness.
- Maintain an outstanding level of Multiple Therapeutic Area knowledge, utilization management techniques, and treatment and reimbursement guidelines.
- Maintain an outstanding level of performance metric analytics.
- Maintain a comprehensive and detailed Territory Plan.
- Maintain an outstanding ability to prepare and present provider level communications.
- Planning and Analysis:
- Maintain an outstanding level of Strategic territory planning, organization, and administrative skills.
- Manage territory and all assigned accounts within set budget.
- Develop and justify budgeting requests for specific customer programs.
- Demonstrate strong oral, written, and group communication skills.
- Ability to lead without authority across significant amount of cross-functional partners by maintain frequent contact with Field Leadership and local field staff.
- In a timely and accurate manner, submit all budgetary information, expenses reports, and required administrative reports to Field Leadership.
- Maintain effective communication with customers and affiliates.
- Leads courageous conversations with an enterprise mindset
- Seek out and maintain an effective level of communication with account stakeholders and decision makers.
No company relocation assistance provided.
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.