Global Insights and Analytics Director
Global Insights & Analytics Overview
The Global I&A organisation focuses on four key responsibilities:
- Uncovering deep understanding of patients, markets, stakeholders, competitors and brands to drive competitive advantage
- Being a collaborative and strategic partner that provides objectivity to inform better decision making
- Providing recommendations based upon future-oriented insights and opportunities
- Providing an independent view in decision-making bodies with an external perspective, and a future-oriented insights and early warning intelligence.
Global I&A core capabilities are comprised of:
- Insights – interpret patients, HCP, payers, performance data and more to shape the competitivity of our brands, inform better investment decision making and understand the implications for AstraZeneca
- Competitive Intelligence – hold an externally focused view to understand how competitor actions will impact AstraZeneca and the implications they will have on clinical trial and global commercial strategies
- Analytics & forecasting – strong ability to quantify strategy and support decisions with data
Global I&A uses these capabilities to drive decisions by valuing potential assets and shaping winning clinical and commercial strategies.
This role is based in our global Respiratory Insights & Analytics team and will lead the generation of insight and analytics for a single brand (late stage or marketed) in the Respiratory Biologics space. This role provides strategic business insights capabilities, will have an in depth understanding of the brand/molecule/therapeutic area and will consolidate insights from primary market research, forecasting, analytics, and competitive intelligence into insights and recommendation. As a partner to the Brand Teams, this role will bring independent and strategic thinking to the brand, supports and challenges where appropriate. This role will also require business partnership with multiple stakeholders beyond the Brand Team including Operations, Finance and the key Marketing Companies.
Candidate Focus and Challenge – Job Description
- Leads the integration of insight and analysis from a variety of sources (PMR, CI, secondary data) to inform material decisions through the delivery of robust opportunity focused forecasts.
- Consolidates a variety of data and information into actionable brand opportunities/strategies
- Lead analyses & evaluations supporting licensing opportunities where relevant
Primary Market Research (PMR) – qualitative and quantitative
- Responsible for ensuring that interpretation of primary market research is generating relevant actionable differentiating insights. Through a closeness to the Global Brand Team/Global Project Team and a strong understanding of the Therapy Area (TA) which allows you to translate their insight gaps into the correct questions and a technical expertise in research design and interpretation to generate relevant answers.
- Responsible for managing all primary research in accordance with internal AZ compliance policies and best practices, with agreed preferred vendors
Competitive Intelligence (CI)
- Leads the generation of competitive analysis (congress coverage, alerts, company reports, QBR etc) for a brand, ensuring implications are reflected in the brand strategy and forecast and landed in the brand team
Analytics & Performance/Reporting
- Provide objective quantitative analyses and lead the development of business cases to determine key opportunities and address critical business issues for the brand and/or TA
- Align and integrate with TA business insight, competitive intelligence and pricing and market access partners to inform forecast assumptions, brand/TA opportunities and brand performance
- Partner with the reporting team in the CoE guiding all performance/KPI development and reporting, enabling a thorough understanding of brand performance and opportunities based on a variety of inputs
- Partner with the brand and advanced analytics teams in the COE as well as with Data Scientists elsewhere in the business to leverage Real World Data for insights generation to understand patient and physician behaviour better and drive strategic implementation within the brand
- Accountable for the guidance and alignment of the product/brand forecast and related assumptions collaborating closely with the Forecasting Leader in the CoE
- Lead, negotiate and interact with key local markets to validate forecast assumptions and market understanding.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Science or commercial related degree
- 5-10+ years analytical experience in the pharmaceutical or consumer industry
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative market research across different stakeholder groups e.g. HCPs, patients and payers
- Proven ability to conduct/understand analytics using secondary data sources key to the pharmaceutical industry (IQVIA, Symphony, Prognos, Decision Resources, patient level data) and performance tracking
- Good business acumen, strategic thinking and understanding of sales and marketing business practices
- Ability to influence laterally and vertically
- Global mindset and high emotional intelligence
- Good financial modelling and forecasting skills
- Ability to lead projects on behalf of the GIACE team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/assignments to demanding deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills as well as teamwork abilities
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience in leading insight for a specialty product with knowledge of specialty pharmacy and buy and bill distribution and tracking
- PhD / MBA
- High degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches, processes and methodologies
- In depth knowledge of regional market dynamics and/or in-market or regional experience
- Experience within the respiratory therapy area
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.