Global Publications Lead, Oncology
Global Publications Lead
Location: Gaithersburg, MD USA, or Mississauga, CAN
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Medical Affairs in Oncology? AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm with the bold ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. We are proud to work on groundbreaking science with one of the broadest and deepest Oncology pipelines in the business! Help to advance our pipeline by applying expertise and accelerating our pathway to finding a cure. At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines.
Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring new insights to life!
What you'll do:
- Lead the development and execution of the publication strategy and tactical plan for global clinical studies in humans from Phase I-IV, and non-clinical trial sources including health economics and outcomes research, epidemiology, real-world evidence (RWE), payer, and non-interventional studies.
- Head the development of scientific, clinical and RWE planning data into timely publications for prescribers, payers, and patients through disease state and medicine insights
- Day-to-day management of assigned publication plans, delivery of outputs, financial tracking and meeting activities, working closely with all members of the delivery team and external alliances
- Lead external agency partners to ensure accuracy of publication plan and publication results with respect to time, quality and cost, and ensuring accurate compliance documentation
Required for the role:
- Relevant University Degree (BS/BA) OR Advanced degree in a scientific or medical field (eg PharmD, PhD, MD)
- 3+ years publications pharmaceutical experience or 5 years in medical communications agency.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to oversee agency partners and associated budget
- Be independent, multi-tasked, organized, and able to act as a leader in a fast-paced environment
- communicate with collaborators regarding the planning and development publication deliverables
- Performance, budget, and resource management skills in a global organization
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to critically analyze and interpret data
- Ability to understand and align with regulations
Nice to have:
- Therapeutic knowledge in oncology
- Knowledge of DataVision publication management systems
- Certification as a Medical Publication Professional (CMPP) desired
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.