Innovation Technologist – Emerging Technologies
At AstraZeneca, patients are at the heart of everything we do.
A global company that pushes the boundaries of science, we all share a big purpose: to discover and develop life-changing medicines that save lives.
In IT we make a direct impact on that purpose – enabling the entire business to perform at its peak. Combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and our own data sets.
Ours is a place to innovate, take ownership and run with it – with countless opportunities to learn and grow your career. You get to design your path, but there’s support all the way.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
Within TIDE (Technology Innovation and Delivery Excellence) our IT Technology Innovation team focusses on the identification, rapid assessment, implementation and adoption of emerging technologies and novel ideas to build business benefit. We are passionate about technology and quality in innovation and delivery, working across all business functions to support technology innovation and business change.
We have a great opportunity in our Emerging Technologies team, to strengthen our Technology Innovation lab capability based in Cambridge, with a role available for an Innovation Technologist dependent on relevant education, experience and qualifications.
The Innovation Technologist is a key role within the Emerging Technologies Innovation Lab. You will be expected to have a broad knowledge of Technology, staying abreast of key technology trends as part of our Centre of Specialist Technical Expertise. Subject matter experts are expected to provide globally meaningful tech leadership for AstraZeneca in a constantly evolving landscape, rapidly specializing in the latest areas of new technologies. You will showcase, deliver and prove business value through Proof of Technology (PoT) assessments.
- You will proactively lead scouting initiatives across the technology landscape to identify new emerging trends, technologies and opportunities
- Establish yourself as a subject matter expert to give a globally relevant tech leadership for AstraZeneca on evolving specialist technology areas
- Build, develop, configure and maintain technology solutions required for evaluations or PoT’s, iterating or pivoting as required
- You will provide technical leadership to support broader innovation team conversations with the business
- Translate business requirements and ideas for Innovation lead Scouting, or PoT’s, into deliverable outcomes to ensure business value realisation is achieved
- You will be responsible for delivering technology positioning documentation and white papers for new and emerging technology areas
- Ensure Innovation delivery activities are carried out in alignment with required processes and governance
Skills and Competencies
- Do you have an intrapreneurial mindset, ability to navigate Senior Stakeholders through uncertainty
- Able to work with external partners to influence, extract and deliver timely product innovation
- You will be proficient at producing Executive briefings, White Papers and articulating strategies
- Able to work with ambiguity and prioritise a demanding workload in an exciting and dynamic space.
- Fervent desire to keep abreast of the latest trends and developments across the innovation landscape
- You will have a passion and desire to get hands on, willingness, drive and ability to learn new skills rapidly
- Familiarity with Design Thinking, Lean principles, Agile and customer led UX
- Validated experience and track record of delivering and implementing solutions with Continuous Development lifecycles
Desired - Experiences,
- Track record of delivering innovative technology enabled business change
- Knowledge or experience of demonstrating cloud compute and services (AWS, GCP or Azure), R, Python, C++, Spark/Hadoop
- DevOps – rapid prototyping
- Computer Vison, object detection, text extract etc
- Working knowledge of the latest Data Science trends, strategies and technologies
- Exposure to, or strong knowledge of AR/VR technologies including asset and experience creation, Unity
- Strong knowledge of the drug discovery value chain and medicines development
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Foundational, or GCP/Azure equivalent
- E.g. AWS Associate or Professional (Architect, Developer) or GCP/Azure equivalent
- TOGAF certifications will be an added advantage
- AGILE or SCRUM certification
Apply now to learn more about this exciting opportunity with a world renowned pharmaceutical brand! If this sounds like you.. Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.