Local Study Associate Manager
Local Study Associate Manager
Lead and coordinate activities that ensure quality, consistency, and integration of study data and progress operational deliverables to time and cost and quality objectives from Study start-up through study close-out activities and Clinical Study Report (CSR). Work with the US local study team, with internal and external partners, on local studies across different phases of drug development and different therapy areas.
- Coordinate operational aspects of AZ Sponsored studies from Study start-up through CSR/Publication.
- Lead and/or participate in activities that ensure quality, consistency and integration of study data to agreed time, cost and quality objectives.
- Interface with field monitoring CRAs, Local study team leader (LSTL) and global study team (GST)
- Establish and maintain interactions with key stakeholders including the facilitation of communications with GST, Strategic Partners, Academic clinics and investigational study sites, as appropriate, and external providers (Third Party Vendors) to identify an resolve operational feasibility issues, facilitate study start-up activities, and ensure Operations deliverables to time, budget and quality objectives.
- Implement globally agreed Operations and Clinical Development strategies including processes and use of technical systems related to Operations.
- Contribute to the development of Operations documents as appropriate as well as updates/amendments to those documents.
- Ensure timely entry and/or update appropriate information into AstraZeneca tracking communication tools (e.g. IMPACT).
- Ensure the supply of study materials and Investigational product by liaising with Clinical Supply Chain or external service providers as appropriate.
- Contribute to the planning conduct of any local internal and external meetings (e.g. Investigator/Monitors meeting).
- Monitor study conduct and progress, proactively identifying to and resolving with the LSTL, issues which may impact delivery of the study or to the necessary quality, timeline or budget objectives.
- Contribute to steering committees, submission assembly teams, regulatory defense teams, and Advisory Boards as necessary.
- Provide input into non-drug project work including training activities, and development of procedures as needed.
Minimum Requirements - Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science degree in related discipline, preferably in medical, biological, or health related sciences, or equivalent work experience in directly related fields.
- Experience working on clinical studies, across different phases of drug development.
- Relevant industry or health care experience.
- Proven organizational and analytical skills
- Understanding of the clinical study and drug development process and GCP/ICH guidelines in relation to study delivery operational activities.
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
Skills and Capabilities:
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to work and lead cross-functionally, e.g. with internal and external partners, on global studies, across different pleases of drug development of different therapy areas.
- Good understanding of clinical data flow
- The ability to development advanced computer skills to increase efficiency in day to day tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to facilitate team building and team work.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of GCP, AZ Procedural documents, as they pertain to Study delivery systems and processes.
- Proactively identifies risks and issues and possible solutions.
- Demonstrates high standards and uses tactful persuasion to obtain desired outcomes while maintaining effective, positive, organizational relationships.
- Demonstrates knowledge of therapy area through experience and review of scientific literature, and demonstrates ability to learn new therapy areas.
- Demonstrates ability to prepare and deliver study related training materials.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, coordinate and facilitate internal and external meetings.
- Demonstrates professionalism and mutual respect.
- Displays excellent organization and time management skills, excellent attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a high volume environment with shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills (e.g. leading delivery team).
- Excellent mentoring skills and ability to develop others
Leadership Capabilities at Level 2
- Commitment to Customers and integrity.
- Strategic leadership
- Acts decisively
- Drives accountability
- Works Collaboratively
Internal and External Contacts/Customers - Some examples of contacts/customers are:
- Marketing Company (Site Management & Monitoring) personnel
- External service providers and strategic partners
- Global Study Team
- Other R&D Hubs
- Other Skills Centers as appropriate
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.