Long-Term Care Sales Specialist, Renal – Maryland – (MD, DE)
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Long-Term Care Sales Specialist on the Renal Team in Maryland – (MD, DE) , you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. AstraZeneca's strategy in the Renal Therapeutic Area is a patient-centric approach to disease treatment which is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for developing and positioning AstraZeneca as a leader through cultivation of relationships with key LTC HCPs, targeted accounts, and regional pharmacies.
- You will develop a superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, product efficacy and safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- You will also develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to assigned sales territory.
- You will provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines as needed.
- You will regularly use a wide variety of promotional resources, analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business in order to best determine the use of resource personnel to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs to accomplish sales objectives.
- You will work with your Regional Business Director and Divisional Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in territory.
- You will drive sales performance and ensure the sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory goals, while managing your budget.
- You will successfully complete all training requirements, including your product examinations. You will capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plan.
- You will work with other Renal sales team members to coordinate selling efforts and achieve common objectives.
- You will work within the framework of AstraZeneca’s Company Values.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least two years of documented, full-time, successful pharmaceutical sales
- Strong clinical skill and sales ability
- More than 3 years of experience selling LTC products to physicians
- More than 3 years of experience selling to LTC accounts
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a newly defined role
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Internal candidate must be Career Ladder Level 2 and above
- Experience in the geography applying
- More than 3 years of experience selling renal products
No company relocation assistance provided.
Next Steps – Apply Today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way our Recruiter and Hiring Manager will know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.