See the program purpose:
Build up strong talent pipeline for China Operations.
How does the program work?
- This challenging, stretching and inspiring China Operations Management Trainee Program provides the opportunity to customize experience within the business. The program focuses on giving them in-depth experience across multiple areas of our business. It will be split into several different placements, and each role will give you valuable insight on how to influence decisions across a range of business areas. Upon the completion of the program they will obtain skills necessary for current business needs and also get ready for technical / leadership critical roles for future.
- Throughout the program you’ll be frequently encouraged to review your progress - towards achievement of role objectives and personal development plans with your mentor or manager. You’ll get the training, experience and support you need to develop a career you can be proud of.
- The work location will be in Wuxi, Jiangsu Province.
What we're looking for the program?
- First and foremost, AstraZeneca is looking for fresh graduate students who are passionate about working in pharmaceuticals & healthcare, and have the desire to make a difference and a drive to deliver maximum value by creating solutions to meet business needs.
- You will be expected to quickly understand the AstraZeneca environment. In addition, it’s crucial you have strong business acumen, leadership potential and change management capabilities.
- You should be a person of high ethical standards, and good at critical thinking and collaboration.
- You should hold a domestic or overseas university degree equivalent of Master or above (only exception for super top Bachelor), with graduation time in 2020 or 2021, majoring in Pharmaceutics, Biology, Chemistry, Food, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, Data Science, Logistics or related. As AstraZeneca is a global organization, you will also need to be fluent in English.
What’s in it for you?
- This is an opportunity to learn the skills you need to succeed in an international and diverse organization. We want our people to feel positive and enthusiastic about what they are doing, with a clear sense of purpose and confidence in their ability to meet challenges. This means providing effective clear targets, excellent learning and career development opportunities and a healthy and energizing workplace.
What does the programme involve?
- Starting in Jul/Aug 2021, the program lasts two years. Three placements, each lasting eight months, will give you a great insight into our Operations across different functions and the chance to influence the direction in which we’re moving.
- Your development framework will follow Experience, Exposure and Education structure and with HR function as the facilitator during the whole program.
- You will be involved in the projects during your placements as to gain the Experience and also Exposure opportunity.
- A Buddy and A mentor will be assigned to you to accompany your development journey.
- There will be engagement sessions during or after each placement as to provide the feedback and feedforward to you, and to know where you need support.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.