Material Handler II/III - Day Shift-Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Material Handler II/III-Material Control Team in Frederick, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
This is a day shift role in the Material Control Team
Main responsibilities include:
- Picks for production at FMC
- Picks / delivery for production at GPF
- General supply maintenance
- Non-GMP receiving
- Non-GMP deliveries
- Paper/FedEx supplies in admin area
- Routine cleaning
- Material handling equipment / fleet maintenance
- Non-GMP and GMP material shipments (excluding hazmat)
- Management of LN2 cylinders
- Cycle counts
- Train others on appropriate tasks/systems
- Coordination of receiving dock
- Support OE/6S mind set
Material Handler II adds:
- GMP receiving, inspection, put away
- RM Sampling
- Raman use
- LIMS data entry/review/Approval
- Retains management
- Cycle Counting
- Coordinate process of rejected materials with QA and Warehouse
- Trained on handling Hazardous Materials
- Certified in forklift operation
- Logbook reviews
- Area SAFE inspections
Material Handler III adds:
- Provide support as needed for different projects and provide input and guidance
- Ensure Controlled Material issues are addressed and the proper departments are notified
- Capturing/Reporting metrics
- Sampling/LIMS SME
- GMP Receiving SME
- Coordinate and evaluate additional sample requests
- Ability to prioritize work requirements, must be well organized and able to manage time efficiently, and must have a strong sense of responsibility.
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
- High school diploma required. Some college course work in Business, Life sciences is preferred.
- MH-II 0-2 years of experience required
- MH-III 2-5 years of experience required
- Class C commercial drivers’ license (CDL) with hazmat endorsement required.
- Training and certification in shipment of hazardous materials and forklift operation is a plus.
This is a day shift role
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.