Medical Sales Representative - BC Mountain
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal.
Position Title: Medical Sales Representative - Respiratory
Location: BC Mountain area
Are you motivated to make a difference in your career? Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and the broader team? In this position, you actively promote AstraZeneca’s Respiratory portfolio and manage relationships with both primary care providers and retail pharmacies in the BC Mountain area.
In this rewarding position:
- You will build and own your sales management plan to meet or exceed sales goals for your territory
- You will promote and provide information to our valued customers within your specified therapeutic area to improve positive outcomes for patients
- Your strong communication style will easily disseminate product information to physicians, pharmacists and hospital influencers to discover unmet needs and oversee solutions to meet those needs
- You will act as a partner to colleagues, head office-based partners and key influencers within your District and Regional Business Unit
- You will share field insights with your team and head office partners to find new ways to work and improve our market position
- Your previous experience will enable you to analyze, plan and manage activities to drive business success in your territory such as sales events, expense management and investments in continuous education projects
- Your passion for people will naturally build strong affiliations internally and with customers ensuring reciprocal working relationships
- You possess a Degree in Science, Business or equivalent
- You have previous sales experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry: completion of CCPE Accreditation is preferable
- You have knowledge of Respiratory or you can demonstrate the ability to learn this therapeutic area
- You positively impact and influence others and quickly establish credibility while building strong business relationships
- You are well-organized with strong communication and business skills
- You enjoy working in a cohesive team environment
- You are able to travel frequently
- You hold a valid driver's license (a valid driver abstract requested at time of acceptance)
Great People want to Work with us! Find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 6 years:https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards:https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Learn more about our culture:https://www.linkedin.com/posts/genarestivo_greatpeople-greatplacetowork-topemployers2020-activity-6608742174811049985-N-8G
Are you interested in working at AZ? Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.