Medical Science Liaison
Field-based position responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with healthcare professionals. Provides scientific, technical and pharmaco-economic information to customers. May also deliver medical education an clinical support to nurses and other medical professionals.
- Supports sales staff in the field by providing in-depth information on drugs and therapies when required.
- Organises and carries out seminars and information sessions for healthcare professionals and other customers or potential customers.
- Manages the process of responding to queries from sales representatives regarding scientific, technical and pharmaco-economic information.
- Responds to more complex queries escalated by junior colleagues. Advises and supports junior colleagues developing information documents for sales staff, and ensures documents are compliant with internal and local standards.
- Acts as a technical owner for all or part of a drug or brand within Field Medical Liaisons, developing a deep understanding of all relevant sales and marketing information.
- Keeps own knowledge of best practices and recent developments up to date.
- Liaises with compliance team to build and improve processes within the department.
- Identifies opportunities to improve methodology and provide practical solutions to Medical Affairs, and may work with a team to implement these improvements and solutions.
- Delivers on tasks agreed and presents results effectively.
- University education in pharmacy related field
- Good command in English
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively within cross-functional team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Detail-orientated, self-starter, and organized person
- Over 2 years of experience in clinical, scientific research, and in pharmaceutical industry
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Understanding of therapeutic area related to AZ’s products
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory compliance guidelines
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.