MRO Materials Specialist (Side Operations)
MRO Operations Support:
• Plan, organize and conduct activities related to the MRO (Maintenance, Repair & Operations) Materials Program. Provide uninterrupted support to Facilities Maintenance and Utilities Operations Teams for offices, R&D laboratories, Clinical Supply Manufacturing and parking decks.
• Provide end-to-end support activities related to procurement and distribution of MRO material. Receive, issue and deliver supplies and equipment.
• Perform and assist with kitting and staging of stocked and scoped parts for work order (WO) execution. Provide materials management support for maintenance WOs and shutdown activities.
• Monitor inventory storage locations to ensure safe and efficient movement of materials for stocking, issue, and kitting. Ensure proper stocking levels and MRO turns per annum.
• Conduct cycle counts of existing stocked materials and supplies to ensure proper inventory accounting. Resolve discrepancies, identify and implement process improvements.
• Develop and implement function-specific procedures and practices (DOPs).
• Ensure that all MRO activities are performed and documented accurately and are in compliance with SOP’s, cGXP, and FDA requirements.
• Perform the issuing and returning of OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts, commodity items, and supplies to ensure compliance with GMP documentation practices.
• Maintain the appropriate level of cGXP training following corporate guidelines and policies.
• Arrange for proper disposal or recycling of surplus materials.
• Serve as initial contact for customer concerns (both internal and external) and questions regarding requisitioning tasks and procedures, routine supplier follow-up and customer inquiries.
• Assist in evaluating supplier quotations to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
• Maintain and monitor procurement reporting systems to meet Facilities Department requirements.
• Assist with recruiting and maintaining suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
• Prepare and issue purchase orders and change notices; and review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
• Assist in preparing and reviewing service provider and supplier contracts (MSAs), Statements of Work (SOW), bids and proposals for content, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
• Assist in the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
MRO SAP System:
• Provide end user support for maintenance and upgrades of SAP production system as it relates to material master functionality.
• Maintain material masters for MRO inventory and create and maintain Bills of Material (BOM) lists for site equipment.
• Requisition, and receive MRO supplies, spare parts and chemicals.
• Use basic & precision hand tools, Utilize precision measuring instruments
• Must be able to read, write and utilize complicated drawings, mathematics, handbook formulas, and a variety of precision measuring instruments. Read mechanical schematics/piping diagrams
• Maintain basic knowledge of the maintenance trades, and trade knowledge in a specialized field or process. Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Provide overtime as required. Provide on-call and after hours support.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.