Oncology Marketing Manager ONE Congress Conventions
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we can really change the course of medicine and bring new and innovative ideas to life. North America Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca to our many healthcare clients. We represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry and build positive relationships with healthcare professionals.
We put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Our ambition is to push the boundaries of science to change the practice of medicine and transform the lives of patients living with cancer. Our robust pipeline includes investigational therapies in varying stages of clinical development, from recently approved products to earlier-stage molecules in clinical trials. We aspire to transforms the lives of cancer patients, working to eliminate cancer as a cause of death in the future.
The Marketing Manager/Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for the implementation of the promotional brand plan for our Hematology product among our healthcare professional stakeholders. The specific areas of emphasis for this role include oncology nurse educators (ONEs) and congresses/conventions, with responsibilities for engagement strategy, asset planning and development, non-personal promotion, and ensuring alignment with brand priorities.
This position will report directly to the Director, Hematology Marketing, and will work in close partnership with Marketing Managers/Directors across the Hematology franchise. The individual will also work in collaboration with the cross-functional Hematology Franchise team.
This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD headquarters for our US Oncology franchise.
- Partner with ONE leadership to align on and execute a tactical marketing strategy
- Define the content and experiential strategy at Tier 1 and 2 US congresses/conventions
- Collaborate with Key Customer Team and Global Congress Team to pull through strategy both inside and outside the exhibit hall
- Manage partner agency relationships, workflow and related expense budgets
- Partner with Insights and Analytics team and external partners to define success metrics and analyze performance of marketing programs
- Optimize marketing plans as needed to improve impact and develop recommendations for future plans based on data-driven insights
- Ensure legal/regulatory compliance and medical accuracy of all marketing materials
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to manage complex project simultaneously
- Be available to work some nights and weekends to accommodate congress’ and conventions
- Prior experience working with or leading a speaker program strategy
- MBA in marketing or pharmaceutical marketing
- Previously operated in a highly regulated/matrixed environment and industry
- Relevant experience in oncology pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: brand marketing, sales, nurse educator, managed markets, pricing or market research/analytics, strategic planning
- Prior in-line marketing experience preferred
- Documented experience showing current and/or past successes in either Oncology, Hematology or specialty care projects or objectives
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.