Those who join AstraZeneca not only feel a sense of ownership about their future, but also know that their work has a huge impact to patients. They thrive with a recognized leader in the industry. AstraZeneca is a nimble organization that values smart risk-takers and has a strong commitment to the employees. With AstraZeneca, you will be applying innovative and creative approaches to science while being at the forefront of a strong and rich pipeline of cutting-edge medicines. Here, you will join passionate professionals who push the boundary of science and technology to develop and deliver life-changing medicines designed to help people live better lives. As a statistician, you will be a part of a strong global biometrics team, and you will be a strategic partner to the clinical team. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, integrity and growth opportunities. Our cardiovascular, renal and metabolism pipeline includes investigational therapies in varied stages of clinical development, from recently approved products to earlier-stage molecules in clinical trials. We aspire to transform the lives of patients, working not only to prolong patients’ lives, but to also improve their function, and help patients feel better.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Statistician depending on your level of experience located in our Gaithersburg Maryland Office. In this role, we will give you the chance to utilize your statistical expertise in the design, analysis, and interpretation of clinical trial programs; submission and defense of regulatory filings; and the generation of evidence to support product commercialization and reimbursement. You will have the opportunity to lead and direct elements of project work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will use your statistical knowhow to contribute to the design and progress of clinical trial programs. You may already be equipped to lead statistical employees, either by technical leadership or line management. We offer a role suited perfectly for your competence.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to or lead the strategic, statistical thinking, analysis and reporting to relevant groups in product and study teams
- Leadership to statistical staff on the indications/projects so that all work is carried out with regards to AZ standards and external regulations
- Develop design options and provide high-quality information for the business through partnership with internal and external experts
- Able to quantify the benefit, risk, value and uncertainty of the emerging product profile.
- Represent AstraZeneca to Health Authorities and Reimbursement & Payer Organizations for specific projects/indications
- Apply expert skills to investigate and use standard, as well as novel, statistical approaches for relevant statistical issues and/or regulatory guidance and/or value demonstration
- You are focused on solving challenging problems through teamwork and partnerships. You are an expert, or seek to be an expert, in your field, and you know that the best results are achieved by utilizing the strengths of every individual.
- You have a Master’s or Doctorate degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics or similar area. You have knowledge of the technical and regulatory requirements related to the role
- You have experience of Development, programme design and data analysis and interpretation, as well as of regulatory interactions and/or submissions
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills, especially when communicating statistical concepts to non-statisticians, and ability to build strong relationships.
- You have the ability to apply statistical expertise to complex problems, problem solving and quality focus.
We would like to know more about you. If you are interested, apply now!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.