QC Analyst I (2nd Shift) - Operations
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. The modern, vibrant scientific campus employs more than 3000 experts in our field, and it is only a short drive from Washington, DC. It is filled with cutting edge technology. Our labs spaces were built to facilitate collaboration, interaction and cross functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We offer everything from bean bag rooms for creative brain storming, game rooms and Zen garden to treadmill stations and regular campus happy hours. The Gaithersburg site offer a variety of amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center.
Join AstraZeneca and help us deliver life-changing medicines! Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the leaders in BioPharmaceuticals. The modern, vibrant, scientific campus employs more than 3,000 experts in our field
**This role is 2nd Shift (4pm-1am)**
- Data entry of analytical data
- Sampling of WFI and purified water systems, clean steam, and compressed gases.
- Environmental Monitoring
- Testing of water and product samples including conductivity, bioburden, endotoxin, TOC and microbial ID’s, growth promotion, nano filtration, A280, water analysis
- Maintain lab instrumentation according to maintenance schedules
- Read, understand, and follow SOP’s and comply with GMP’s
- Revise SOP’s as needed
- Data trending and archiving
- Review of testing and documentation where required
- Participate in QC project teams to accomplish effective results
- Ability to take strategic initiatives and translate into tactical solutions
Additional Job Functions
- Accurately perform testing, maintain documentation and prepare reports in association with the performing of assays.
- Maintain supply levels for performance of assigned duties.
- Maintain accurate and updated lab notebooks and records.
- Follow all safety regulations as indicated in the MedImmune Policies and Procedures and accepted lab practices.
- B.S. in a Scientific Field or equivalent experience
- 0-1 years relevant experience
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.