Renal Division Sales Manager -Pittsburgh PA
Renal Division Sales Manager – Pittsburgh PA
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring new ideas to life. As a Renal Division Sales Manager on the Renal Team in Pittsburgh PA, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
AstraZeneca's strategy in Renal focuses on ways to reduce morbidity, mortality, and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across chronic kidney and cardiovascular disease indications. This patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods.
What you’ll do
- You will provide inspirational leadership and strategic direction to a team of Renal Sales Specialists and Renal Hospital Specialists in order to achieve performance objectives. This will be accomplished by meeting field day requirements and through effective coaching, mentoring, and utilization of resources aligned with the organizational vision.
- By developing people, you will drive business by observing your sales specialists’ interactions with key customers, providing him/her with individual coaching and feedback to develop them for success in current role and for future growth.
- As a role model and liaison, you will inspire commitment, trust, collaboration, and motivation for the shared vision by facilitating team communication, morale, and effectiveness within your own work unit and/or cross functional teams.
- Responsibilities also include building a comprehensive strategic business plan, including specific, measurable, action oriented objectives in accordance with regional and national goals.
- This plan will cover key nephrologists, targeted hospitals and dialysis centers in your geography. Manage funds and resources and ensure their ethical, targeted allocation towards maximizing sales and return on investment.
- Clearly communicate the marketing strategy and ensure that it is implemented according to the Good Promotional Practice guidelines. Division Managers assist in the development and support of brand goals, targets and priorities by working closely with key internal business partners, such as Franchise Marketing, Sales Operations, Managed Markets and Commercial Learning & Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree (life science discipline is a plus)
- 7 or more years’ field sales experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry with consistent success in pharmaceutical sales or healthcare sales
- At least 3 years of District Sales Manager experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, financial management, and written as well as oral communications skills
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Must reside within the boundaries of the Division (Define Geography)
- More than 3 years of experience selling renal products
- Managed Specialty Representatives
- Sold or managed sales of specialty drugs before, including product launch experience
- Nephrology, Dialysis Center and/or Hospital experience preferred
- New product launch experience is strongly preferred
- Substantive work experience in a smaller pharma/biotech organization and has demonstrated entrepreneurialism, nimbleness, flexibility and effectiveness in building and leading sales teams
- Preference for candidate to live within market, which includes the following US States: (Erie PA, Harrisburg PA, Lancaster PA, Scranton PA, Buffalo NY, Morgantown W.VA)
- Exposure and/or experience in other functional areas of the business (e.g. Sales Training, Customer Solutions, Sales Operations, Managed Care and Marketing)
No company relocation assistance provided
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
So, what’s next!
If you are interested, please apply.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.