Renal Hospital Sales Specialist -Minneapolis MN, Duluth MN, Sioux Falls, SD
Renal Hospital Specialist,
Are you an experienced Sales Professional looking to join a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If you’re passionate about what science can do to make a difference to patients' lives and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new insights to life. As a Renal Hospital Specialist in Minneapolis MN, Duluth MN, Sioux Falls, SD you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to have positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We seek to treat life-threatening complications and halt disease progression to provide millions of patients living with chronic kidney disease with a longer and greater quality of life. AstraZeneca's strategy in Renal Cardio Therapeutic Area is a patient-centric approach to disease treatment. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies.
What you’ll do
• You will develop and position AstraZeneca as a leader through development of long-term relationships with key Nephrologists/Cardiologists and targeted hospital accounts. You will gain a superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, product efficacy and safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
• You will also develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to assigned sales territory. As needed, you will provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within the ethical guidelines of AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines.
• You will regularly use a wide variety of promotional resources and analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business to best determine the use of resource personnel to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory based on local assessment of customer needs to accomplish sales objectives. You will work with your Regional Business Director and Divisional Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in territory.
• You will drive sales performance and ensure the sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory goals, while handling your budget.
• You will capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plan. You will provide timely and administrative management of work hours, sales data, customer objectives, communication responses, synchronization, sample and expense reporting.
• You will work with other Renal Sales Specialists and Renal Account Specialists to achieve common objectives and coordinated selling efforts.
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least two years of documented, full-time, successful pharmaceutical sales
• Strong clinical skill, and sales ability
• A valid driver's license and safe driving record
• Internal candidate must be Career Ladder Level 2 and above
• Four or more years in AZ Pharmaceutical Sales (Internal Only), or related sales experience, preferably in the Nephrology and Cardiology areas
• Experience working with Medical Information Scientists (MIS)
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
So, what’s next!
If you are interested, please apply.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.