Senior Finance Manager, Mature Brands and Business Development
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing.
Senior Finance Manager, Mature Brandsand Business Development
Leads and coordinates the financial resources and activities for Mature Brands and Business Development, managing the overall financial stewardship including financial reporting and compliance, financial forecasts, resource optimization, market access and contracting, and business investment opportunities.
Serving as the key interface and contact for all financial management issues related to Mature Brands, Business Development, and Post Deal Management.
Provide strategic focus and inputs on all key business decisions including strategic direction, business development, resource optimization and management, market access contracting and investments cases, with focus on sales and net price optimization, launch success, and sustained growth.
Mature Brands Market Access Finance
- Accountable for the forecasting and monitoring of all Gross to Product Sales adjustments, with full responsibility for managed markets accruals, affordability programs, other gross to net adjustments and true-ups, and deal/no-deal analysis.
- Develop conceptual financial framework for deal structuring, create financial models of possible contract scenarios detailing cost/benefit analysis including considerations such as competitor response, Medicaid best price impact, and the effects the contract may have on other contracts.
- Lead the monthly close process and rebate reserve analysis for Mature Brands, including analysis of customer rebate payments vs. accruals and development of sales projections & application of judgment to ascertain the correct liability needed to reflect accurate financial performance.
- Understand and reconcile market place dynamics with changes to the Mature Brands rebate expense.
Brand, Post Deal and Business Development Finance
- Responsible for ensuring sales and expense forecasts and phasing are achievable and supported by valid assumptions and sensitivities required to communicate potential variability to US Leadership.
- Works closely with the Mature Brands team to complete the annual business planning cycles and to develop and implement strategic plans.
- Accountable for monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close processes and associated reporting. Support the month end close process by working directly with the brand teams on expense management and provide training on the financial process. Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations for assigned areas.
- Present and communicate to Mature Brands Leadership the brand forecasts, performance, and potential risks to the financial submissions.
- Lead continuous improvement in Finance processes and capabilities and lead financial risk management and financial governance in area of accountability
- Leads business case analysis for investment opportunities including rebates, life cycle opportunities, resource changes, and business development.
- Work proactively with the business to understand future financial information needs and produce efficient solutions to meet these needs.
- Ensure compliance with SOX 404 and sound financial principles.
- Provides an overall leadership role within the US finance organization for initiatives progressing the function as best in class in ethics, brand on brand best practices, and people development.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 6+ years related work experience in accounting, finance, or business analysis
- Strong leadership capabilities and business partnering experience
- Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and demonstrated strategic influencing skills
- Strong business knowledge and background
- Demonstrated ability to perform in an environment that emphasizes teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work as a change agent in a dynamic work environment
- MBA in Finance and/or public accounting background
- Knowledge of Managed Care Industry and pharmaceutical distribution networks
- TA/brand knowledge and experience
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us while we continue to build a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we are developing new ways to work, ground breaking methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our team!
Next Steps – Apply Today!
Curious to know more? Then please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well-qualified for this opportunity. Know someone who would be an excellent fit? Please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.