Senior Scientist/Technical Manager, Statistics
Senior Scientist/Technical Manager, Statistics
UK (Macclesfield), Sweden (Södertälje or Gothenburg), US (Wilmington, Mount Vernon, Durham NC)
Salary & Benefits Competitive
Build a long-term career by unlocking opportunities for lifelong learning
Build unrivalled capabilities in a place that promotes learning agility and offers development opportunities. We never stand still so you’ll have the chance to constantly grow your abilities, skills and knowledge. Here we are a fusion of challenging and interesting work, in an energising and inspiring environment.
In Operations we have a big ambition – to deliver more medicines to patients, quicker and more affordably. Backed by the investment, leadership and a clear plan to get there, we bring personal dedication and out of the box thinking.
This role is placed in the On Market Technical Functions, which is part of the Pharmaceutical Technology & Development (PT&D) organisation. The On Market Technical Functions provide the expert technical support for AstraZeneca commercial products. It is a multi-skilled organisation providing technical support and expertise relating to drug product formulation, manufacture, process engineering, statistics, modelling, devices and testing.
You will be part of a global organisation in constant development where you will play a significant role in creating an organisation prepared for future challenges. This is a great development opportunity to experience Global technical support activities across sites, while at the same time growing the use of statistical skills that make a difference to the quality and delivery of medicines to patients.
- You will assist in expanding the supply of medicines to existing and new markets through the provision of statistical support to formulation and analytical technology transfers, including process establishment, process validation, process capability assessments and equivalence testing
- Your contribution will ensure the continuous supply of medicines through advising on approaches and providing statistical support to the monitoring and analysis of quality data from manufacturing processes to drive improvement of product robustness
- You will support PT&D on market in driving the improvement of process and product robustness, ensuring continued product quality through the provision of statistical support to assist in the development and validation of assays for analysis of product quality attributes
- You will be providing support for the resolution of issues through the determination of the data and analyses required to understand relationships and root causes
- You will be involved in developing training materials and running statistical training sessions for non-statisticians
- BSc with a significant statistical/mathematical component or equivalent experience
- User of at least one statistical package e.g. Minitab, SAS, R
- Understanding and practical application of descriptive statistics, statistical distributions, sampling strategies and sample size determination, equivalence and significance tests including analysis of variance and covariance techniques
- Application of Statistical Process Control e.g. trending, capability analysis for manufacturing data
- Application of DOE techniques
- Application of exploratory data analysis and regression/correlation techniques for exploring relationships within manufacturing/scientific datasets
- Production of appropriate graphs and figures for highlighting features and trends within manufacturing/scientific datasets
- Preparation of technical reports describing data analysis including appropriate use of tables and visualisations
- Evidence of excellent communication skills and relationship building with customers
- Experience in support of GMP manufacturing and testing environments e.g. Clinical or commercial batch production
- MSc Statistics
- 6 Sigma green/black belt or equivalent experience
- Experience in support of regulatory interactions and responses
Be empowered to be innovative and creative where difference is valued
So, what’s next?
Complete your application before the below closing date.
This role is open from 28/04/2021 and we welcome your application no later than 12/05/2021
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.