Senior Software Engineer Lead - Mobile
Senior Software Engineer Lead - Mobile
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Part of the newly formed Digital Patient Solutions group, the Sr. Software Engineer will be a senior contributor for the Internet of Medical Things team. This is player-coach role responsible for providing technical leadership to a team leading AstraZeneca connected health platform. As a leader in this newly created team, you will help craft the future of our SaMD products and advocate for patients around the world through technology.
This is a hands-on and strategic role which works closely with product, design, science and regulatory to design, build and launch patient centric digital experiences. The successful candidate will lead product development cycles that meet the FDA requirements (yet still be agile) and ensure our product meet and exceed business expectations.
The right candidate will have exemplary experience in both IOS and Android development and architecture. This polyglot will lead BLE development effort for an application that impacts thousands of patients around the world.
- Mentor a team of software engineers on software engineering best practices.
- Lead product development by way of contribution, documentation, and process
- Build and plan Agile initiatives with internal share holders
- Collaborate with leader from science and business units to define product requirements and roadmap
- Craft and build digital experiences across consumer health and SaMD applications
- Ensure timely delivery of product and feature with high degree of quality
- 8+ years of hands-on experience building software components from scratch
- 5+ years TDD/BDD experience
- 4+ years of Swift and/or Objective-C development
- 4+ years of Java and/or Kotlin development
- 4+ years of CI/CD management native mobile development
- 2+ years of React Native development
- 2+ years of BLE application development
- A deep understanding on the React Native build and release process for both IOS and Android
- An understanding of the SaMD product development process and adhering to FDA regulations – nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent degree is preferred but not required. We will hire self-taught engineers, designers and leaders without a formal education given you have evidence of rich history of software engineering and/or product delivery.
- High School Diploma
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.