Sr. Software Engineer (OFR0220)
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Software development? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the future of our SaMD in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
Sr. Software Engineer
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Part of the newly formed Digital Patient Solutions group, the Sr. Software Engineer will take a leadership role in designing and developing key products. This is a strategically important role with responsibility for providing technical leadership to a team leading AstraZeneca connected health platform. As a member of the team, you will help shape the future of our SaMD products.
You will work closely with product, design, science and regulatory to design, build and launch patient centric digital experiences. The successful candidate will create products that meet the FDA requirements (yet still be agile) and ensure our product meet and exceed business expectations.
- Own the architecture, design, and build of software components and webservice
- Adhere to software as a medical device development process
- Mentor a team of engineers and participate in design and code reviews
- Design and build digital experiences across consumer health and SaMD applications
- Ensure timely delivery of product and feature with high degree of quality
- High school Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent degree is preferred but not required. We will hire self-taught engineers, designers and leaders without a formal education given you have evidence of rich history of software engineering and/or product delivery.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related work experience.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience building software components from scratch
- In-depth knowledge of cloud architecture, microservices, SaaS
- Proficiency in a server-side language such as Java, NodeJS, Python
- Experience and appreciation to security-by-design, data privacy
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.