Tax Systems Specialist (IT Finance Support Analyst)
We have an opportunity for someone to join a team of IT Finance systems specialists that sit within the Enabling Units IT in AstraZeneca. We have 1 position in (Warsaw). The successful candidate will work alongside colleagues co-located within our regional finance centres: Poland, Malaysia, Costa Rica and UK
The efficient gathering and reporting of financial data is vital for AstraZeneca. Finance responsibility is to collect, report, and analyse statutory information and management information enabling the company to meet our statutory requirements and the decision makers to drive our business forward.
The finance area has to respond quickly to change within the business, the impact of these changes has to be assessed across a portfolio of applications quickly and accurately, and then implemented effectively ensuring the normal running of the financial processes are uninterrupted. Close working with business stakeholders, IT and the third-party suppliers is a key success factor.
We ensure master data is accurate and the systems supporting the processes run smoothly and that access is controlled tightly – helping to provide the right information in the right form in the right timeframe. We ensure that due process is followed and as we are listed on the US stock exchange, we operate within the SOx framework for statutory reporting.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- The job holder will support of the Tax Transformation programme currently being deployed worldwide in the company and will act as a systems and tax specialist in the different releases as part of this transformation: Operational Transfer Pricing (OTP), Tax Analytics (TA), Corporate Income Tax (CIT) and Tax Engine (TE).
- The job holder will carry out admin and data roles in Hyperion planning (PBCS), ODI, and SAP.
- The job holder will be responsible for preparation of the cycles, reports, data validations, data reconciliations required from the business to support OTP, TA, CIT and TE.
- The job holder will have an understanding of the source systems to be able to validate tax data accuracy and prepare the respective reconciliations.
- The job holder will perform necessary admin tasks in the system to give proper maintenance to the systems.
- The job holder will capture any new requirements from the business and will support any system changes required and some of the tasks related to this including assessing the impact, developing user requirements for changes and configuring the systems to deliver these changes or working with our IT Global Technology Centre (GTC) team to ensure the changes are delivered to the highest quality.
- The job holder will be the first line of support to the end-users and will manage incidents (via Service Now system) raised by users to analyse them and where possible fix them or triage them to the second level support team (GTC).
- The job holder will contribute as an expert to various IT or Finance projects which relate to Tax.
- The job holder will work within agreed development and support standards and processes, supporting the business capability and technology roadmaps set by EUIT. Ensuring Service Management principles are followed for the management of the corporate information model (e.g. ITIL standards for the recording of incidents, problems, requests and changes).
- The job holder will monitor system activity and usage tracking to deliver recommendations to increase performance of data entry forms and reports (e.g. speed of response) or additional capability or information to increase user adoption. Perform Deployments,, integrations, reporting, etc. in line with the business process.
- The job holder will assist in developing training content and provide Hyperion & SmartView training to the end user community.
- The job holder will provide timely communications on behalf of the Hyperion business support team to the Hyperion user community and stakeholders regarding outages, data loads etc.
- The job holder will be responsible of preparing and sending communication of release changes and service status.
- The job holder will support testing including coordination of UAT and business sign off.
- Worked in a similar Hyperion Planning Support Analyst role.
- Good experience managing relationships with Senior Stakeholder and working as first line support to the end-users.
- Experience working with SAP system (in particular FICO experience).
- Experienced business, data or systems analyst with knowledge of good information management principles.
- Experience managing and implementing system changes.
- Excellent analytical skills. Recognised methodology for problem solving and root cause analysis
- Ability to interface with technical and business communities at strategic and detail level.
- Excellent communication skills (including expertise delivering training).
- Experience in Financial Planning Processes and Financial statutory reporting standards, gained through relevant study of financial qualifications as CIMA or ACCA (PART QUALIFIED OR FINALIST STAGE OR QBE)
- Experience using SNOW (Service Now) system to manage requests and incidents.
- Experience of running SQL database queries
- Experience of PBCS, Oracle ODI, Data Management, and Smart View
- Prior knowledge and experience of the business process of Operational Transfer Pricing
- Developer in Oracle PBCS Development - System configuration, business rules management,, business model updates and Financial reporting
- Demonstrable experience of MS Office Applications including Advanced Excel Skills
- Demonstrated experience of finance processes
- Experience of OBIEE or similar BI tool
- ITIL Service Management qualification (Foundation)
- Experience of Agile Development methodology
Business Administration/Industrial Engineering or Computer Science degree
Advanced English Language skills
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.