Medical Affairs Manager Cardiovascular, Renal, and Metabolism (100%)
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of cardiovascular, metabolic, respiratory, inflammation, autoimmune, Diabetes, infection and neuroscience diseases. AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. For more information please visit: www.astrazeneca.com
This is your opportunity!
We are recruiting a Medical Affairs Manager Cardiovascular, Renal, and Metabolism (100%)
The Medical Affairs Manager (MAM) CVRM works as a medical affairs expert and supports the development and sales promotion of drugs in cross-functional teams. The Medical Affairs Manager reports directly to the Lead Medical Affairs Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolism (CVRM).
Your main tasks
- You will work closely together in a cross-functional brand team as a medical-scientific expert in the field of Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolism (CVRM).
- Based on the product strategy, you deal with clinical or medical issues, as well as regulatory issues.
- You will give your medical scientific input on our sales promotion and other activities, including their implementation and the material used.
- You are responsible for the medical-scientific training and further education of the sales force in the field of CVRM therapy.
- You will participate in national and international congresses.
- You are responsible for the organization of national advisory boards and local medical projects.
- You will independently support opinion leaders in Switzerland, in particular by providing and communicating scientific information on AstraZeneca CVRM products.
- You will organise and conduct local events such as seminars, symposia and training courses for medical professionals and present scientific data at internal events.
- You are responsible for the internal release of promotional and presentation material.
- You will work with the marketing department on all medical issues relating to CVRM products over their entire life cycle.
- You support the Medical Information and Patient Safety department in responding to medical scientific inquiries about CVRM products.
- You are responsible for the medical budget available for the therapeutic area.
- University degree in a health-related scientific field, such as M.D., Pharm.D. or Ph.D.
- Professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in medical affairs, medical science liaison, clinical medicine and/or drug development
- Professional experience in supporting external opinion leaders in the CVRM field, preferably on the area of Heart Failure and Cardiovascular diseases
- A good understanding of the therapeutic areas for which AZ products are suitable, especially in the field of diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Comprehensive knowledge of the legal and ethical framework and the procedural guidelines that apply to the promotion and approval of medicinal products in Switzerland (Pharmacodex, Compliance)
- Candidates should have extensive experience in analyzing, processing and effectively communicating scientific data (peer to peer level)
- Ability and willingness to work in a team and independently
- Communicative competence and presentation skills
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written German
- very good command of written and spoken English, good knowledge of French is desired
We are looking forward to receiving your electronic application via our global career website. For more information on career opportunities, please visit our global career portal.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.