Oncology Market Access and Innovative Value Strategies Director, Europe and Canada
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
AstraZeneca recognizes that many health-care systems face challenges managing rapidly increasing healthcare costs while trying to improve patient outcomes. For this reason, AstraZeneca are strengthening capabilities and creating new roles within the organization that can work with external stakeholders to develop innovative access solutions which can move pharmaceutical pricing from volume-based to value-based. Astrazeneca is committed to developing Innovative Value Strategies (IVS) to provide more flexibility in reimbursement and funding decisions and ensuring access to our innovative treatments.
Market Access and Innovative Value Strategies Director, Oncology Europe is an integral member of the European Oncology Business Unit and Global Oncology Market Access and Pricing (OMAP) teams. This role will be accountable for implementation and integration of OMAP Market Access, Pricing and IVS strategy in Europe for the respective oncology Franchises. In collaboration with OMAP Pricing and Market Access and IVS Directors, the role will be driving Market Access and IVS solutions to ensure that tangible, compelling payer offerings are aligned to strategy, that they satisfy all AZ legal & compliance requirements, and that deliverables reflect the necessary innovation and creativity to be best-in-class in meeting the challenges of a rapidly evolving European payer landscape.
The individual will support the countries in Europe with market access, pricing and IVS knowledge and expertise in Oncology and will ensure execution of OMAP strategies through strong cross-collaboration, the development of deep relationships with in-market Market Access, Pricing and IVS leads, while providing strategic thought partnership, support, challenge and solutions to overcome local implementation hurdles.
Market Access and Pricing:
- Lead implementation and execution of global market access, pricing strategy in Oncology Europe in collaboration with Global Oncology Pricing and Market Access Directors (PMADs) and Global IVS leads.
- Lead Franchise specific Market Access and Pricing assumptions and consolidate and integrate them into financial planning cycles, share and work with the countries on ensuring accurate and timely inputs.
Innovative Value Strategies:
- Drive cross-functional development of local innovative value strategies based on global IVS frameworks and lead key differentiating initiatives at the European level that will support the value-based approach with payers.
- Develop European IVS plans with clear KPIs for each Oncology Franchise that will be embedded in key business planning cycles (e.g. long-range planning, strategic business plans etc.) and work closely with other cross-functional team members and marketing companies as they integrate and deliver on them.
External insights and partnerships:
- Establish strong external partnerships with key stakeholders in Oncology (e.g. KEEs, consultants) to gain insights and external perspective into innovative access solutions in Europe that will support or complement win-win solutions with payers in the countries.
- Drive the required payer insights locally and in Europe to ensure robust and validated IVS solutions.
- Monitor and understand implications on market access of key trends in health care systems in Oncology. Generate insights from competitive landscape in Europe and integrate into key market access and pricing discussions.
Strategic external alliances:
- Lead an effective collaboration for Lynparza and/or DS8201 through Market Access and Pricing alignment and ensure European coordination with Global strategy and local execution.
Knowledge sharing/capability building:
- Leverage and share best practices across key markets in Europe.
- Initiate and drive key workshops to support the countries in the delivery and execution of Global Oncology Market Access, Pricing and IVS strategy.
Qualifications and experience:
- University degree in Biomedical Science, Business Administration or Economics with minimum 8 years of relevant Market Access/Payer experience in pipeline and marketed products.
- Payer, HTA, public health, or health policy experience and understanding of key European healthcare systems and key payer current and future trends in Europe.
- Strong Oncology expertise and previous track record in developing and executing on innovative value and access strategies and other novel payer solutions.
- Experience in communicating and negotiating product listing/reimbursement agreements with national, regional and/or local payers.
- Experience in a commercial strategy function and/or customer facing with payers, e.g. managed markets brand director, business development director, head of pricing/access.
Capabilities and Skills:
- Strong strategic thinking skills and ability to apply to complex business situations.
- Strong personal drive and will to succeed with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing abilities.
- Ability to lead internally and externally within, and into, large complex, culturally-diverse, matrixed organizations in the absence of direct reporting relationships.
- Ability to understand and influence issues and decision-makers in complicated and complex situations and creating shared agendas.
- Cross functional leadership with ability to drive strong collaboration within Europe, Global and the country affiliates.
- Excellent written skills, including enhanced presentation skills.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.