Head of Diagnostics, Oncology
Head of Diagnostics - Oncology
AstraZeneca Oncology is driven by the vision that for a patient with cancer, every day matters. We aspire to redefine the cancer-treatment paradigm and have a broad pipeline of next-generation medicines that are focused principally on lung, prostate, ovarian and haematological cancers. Many of these medicines are targeted therapies requiring co-dependent diagnostics.
Due to an internal promotion within the business, a permanent opportunity for a Head of Diagnostics has now become available.
You will be leading an exceptional team working within the diagnostics landscape. You will develop, evaluate and deliver the national diagnostic strategy for the current and future Oncology products, playing a role in shaping national policy. In developing strategic partnerships, the successful applicant will have proven the ability to identify and collaborate with national diagnostic and clinical opinion leaders to identify, design and execute activities to optimize the provision of diagnostics associated within the brand strategy. You will also have an in depth knowledge of the registration, regulatory and reimbursement requirements relating to co-dependent diagnostics in an oncology setting.
Additional highly desirable attributes:
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the science behind diagnostics including deep understanding of range of diagnostic techniques / platforms and applications to patient selection
- Truly understands the market-specific diagnostic / testing environment, including the science, process, potential barriers and necessary commercial touch points in developing and implementing a treatment-linked diagnostic solution
- Has detailed knowledge of the interconnected Oncology ecosystem of patients, advocacy groups, KOLs, policy-makers, payers & HCPs and knows which decision makers influence the testing protocol
- Proven experience with a broad base of external stakeholders including prescribers, payers, providers and track record of effective management of decision-making bodies and governance
- Proven track record of strategic thinking, judgement and influencing skills, i.e., influencing national internal teams and stakeholders to ensure strong commercial focus with excellent execution
- Strong leadership attributes to deal with ambiguity, set direction, strategy, generate commitment, balance short and long term needs, constructively resolve issues
- Proven demonstration of effective cross-functional project team leadership
This role offers an opportunity to be involved in one of the most exciting portfolios in the industry and leading a team that provides a critical enabling function to the overall Oncology business.
Apply now to register your interest in this exciting position with our organisation
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.