- Macquarie Park location, Parking provided
- Industry leader investing heavily today for long term growth
- Drive best in class asset care strategies through data driven solutions
Your new company
At AstraZeneca we believe that innovation needs the right environment in which to flourish. One where our 60,000 employees at all levels are encouraged to pursue new approaches. We conduct our research across three continents, manufacture in 16 countries and work in over 100 countries while our medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Here at AstraZeneca Australia we make products that improve lives of people in 19 countries. Our state-of-the-art production facility in Macquarie Park, NSW is the largest aseptic facility in Australia and operates 24/7. AstraZenca is investing heavily across our entire integrated supply chain, not only growing our facility in scale, also investing in best practice reliability systems and smart infrastructure to ensure the smooth transition from preventative maintenance, to programmed asset care, strategically contributing to our overall operational effectiveness.
Your new role
We are currently seeking a Reliability Engineer to take ownership of our asset management processes to support the Engineering Services Team objectives and goals in alignment with organizational directions. Your key focus will be to analyse asset performance and optimize our approach to management of the asset across its full life cycle.
Key to your success will be your ability to leverage and improve on our existing systems and processes to provide a road map to deliver world class maintenance outcomes.
- Document and take ownership of the systems and procedures that drive improved operational performance with regard to asset availability
- Developing and documenting improved Asset Management systems and business processes.
- Conducting investigations and analysis of data collected to assess equipment condition.
- Implements process improvements in line with identified business cases to support improvements and to optimise the maintenance spend and headcount
- Identifies and leads the implementation of changes and improvements to maintenance operations
You will have demonstrated skills and knowledge in manufacturing asset maintenance, be skilled in problem solving and reliability improvement and bring a good understanding of modern manufacturing processes. A strong technical and analytical capacity to extract, interpret large data sets, present report findings and implement improvements is essential.
Your experiences and qualifications
- Degree or Trades qualification in engineering or sciences
- Significant experience in a pharmaceutical or highly regulated, environment, with a focus on optimising computer-based maintenance systems.
- Demonstrated track record improvement in asset reliability in complex manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in simplification and continuous improvement
- Thorough understanding of GMP principles desirable
- Familiarity with CI methodologies including 5S, Lean, Six sigma
- A strong understanding of SAP and MS Outlook, Word, Excel
This is a unique opportunity working for a global company in an exciting expansion phase.
AstraZeneca offer an excellent salary and benefits package including leave loading allowance, extra leave days, free parking and free gym a good work/life balance and the opportunity to contribute to a great team.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.